Welcome to the OAKBANK Golf Club Patron Chris Johnston
In 1994 the new nine hole Oakbank Golf Course was laid out on land that has been owned by J and A G Johnston Ltd since 1858.
The transformation from farm land to links-style golf course began under the direction of longstanding Johnston's company secretary - and Life Member of the Oakbank Golf Club - Bryan O'Leary.
Hundreds of trees and shrubs were planted and for the first few years there was little impediment for the golfer who strayed off the beaten path from tee to green. Today, it is a different story; the vegetation now creates a spectacle in its own right, a wonderful habitat for the Adelaide Hills' bird life, and a real incentive for the golfer to maintain direction down the marvelous fairways.
The golf course has been home to the Oakbank Golf Club since it moved from the racecourse (with a one-year interlude at Mt Pleasant) at the end of 1994.The first season on the new course was officially opened on January 15th 1995. In June of 2015, the club was able to purchase the course from the previous owners, J & AG Johnston and is now able to develop and maintain the course into the future.